Career Readiness for students
- About Google Cloud and Learning Platforms
- What is Cloud?
- Getting Started with Coursera
- Create Qwiklabs Account
- Redeem Qwiklabs Credits
Study Jam: Getting Started With the Associate Cloud Engineer Track
- About the Associate Cloud Engineer Track
- Slides for Study Jam: Getting Started With the Associate Cloud Engineer Track
Study Jam: Preparing for the Associate Cloud Engineer Certification Exam
Associate Cloud Engineer Track
Familiarity with the following topics is helpful for success in the Associate Cloud Engineer track:
- Operating systems
- File systems
- The IP networking stack
- How web browsers and web servers communicate
- Working with Linux at the command line
- Editing text files from the Linux command line
Architecting with Google Cloud Compute Engine Specialization: Explore and deploy solution elements, including infrastructure components such as networks, systems, and applications services. Explore the courses in this specialization.
Hands-on Labs: Practice with hands-on labs. See the Additional Resources section for a list of hands-on labs related to the Associate Cloud Engineer certification.
Recommended Student Milestones (You can race ahead of the timeline!):
- Week 2: Complete course #1, GCP Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure
- Week 3: Complete course #2, Essential Cloud Infrastructure: Foundation
- Week 4: Complete course #3, Essential Cloud Infrastructure: Core Services
- Week 5: Complete course #4, Elastic Cloud Infrastructure: Scaling and Automation
- Week 7: Complete course #5, Reliable Cloud Infrastructure: Design and Process (Complete all courses in the Specialization)
- Week 9 - Week 16: Complete practice with additional Qwiklabs and review documentation
- Complete Associate Cloud Engineer certification exam before voucher expiration date
Your access to Coursera expires in 4 months. After your access expires, you cannot complete graded assignments and get your course completion certificate. Make sure to download PDFs from the Resources section for each course as you go through the training.
To be eligible for a certification voucher:
- You must have completed the Architecting with Google Compute Engine Specialization on Coursera.
- You must have completed at least five Qwiklabs quests (if you apply for the voucher after Feb 19, 2020).
- Check the Associate Cloud Engineer certification page for recommended quests.
Submit the Application for Certification Voucher. If you meet the eligibility criteria the certification voucher will be emailed to you in 2-3 business days.
Data Analyst Track
From Data to Insights with Google Cloud Platform Specialization on Coursera:
Derive insights through data analysis and visualization using the Google Cloud Platform. Explore, mine, load, visualize, and extract insights from diverse Google BigQuery datasets.
The courses also cover data loading, querying, schema modeling, optimizing performance, query pricing, and data visualization.
Practice with following hands on lab on topics and services that appear in the Data Analyst track:
Familiarity with the following topics is helpful for success in the Data Analyst track:
- ANSI SQL
Recommended Student Milestones
- Week 2: Complete course #1, Exploring and Preparing your Data with BigQuery
Week 3 - Week 4: Complete course #2, Creating New BigQuery Datasets and Visualizing Insights
Week 5 - Week 6: Complete course #3, Achieving Advanced Insights with BigQuery
Week 7 - Week 8: Complete course #4, Apply Machine Learning to your Data with GCP
Week 9 - Week 10: Complete the following quests
Week 10 - Week 12: Complete practice with additional Qwiklabs
It is highly recommended that the training be completed within 12 weeks. You can go faster than the recommended timeline.
If you've been invited to join a learning track in the career readiness program, you’ll either get:
- An email invitation with the subject line <your track name> track + Coursera (check your spam filter if you don't see it).
- A direct link from your faculty lead (upon request)
Follow the link in the email or from your faculty lead to begin setting up your account with this learning program. You'll also need to confirm your email address before you're able to join the program.
After you've joined the program, you will see the Specialization for your track. Click Enrollment Options and then click Enroll.
Support for Coursera Learning Programs
To access your learning program courses & dashboard:
- Log into your Coursera account at coursera.org
- In the upper left next to the Coursera logo, click the drop-down menu
- Switch to the program with the title that begins with Google Cloud EDU
- To open a course in a learning program, click the name of that course
- To return to your general Coursera account, click the drop-down menu and click My Coursera
Avoid account confusion with private browsing. Log in to Coursera in Incognito mode before starting. Using Incognito mode ensures that you don't accidentally use your own Google account (including Gmail) while accessing the Google Cloud Console. This also prevents Qwiklabs from logging you out of your own Google accounts.
Detailed instructions for using Incognito mode in Google Chrome are available here. Depending on your browser, Incognito mode might also be called Private Browsing or InPrivate Browsing.
To ensure lab completion is marked in Coursera:
- Access each individual lab by clicking Open Tool in Coursera.
- Complete the lab in Qwiklabs.
- Click End Lab in Qwiklabs.
- Close the Qwiklabs browser window or tab.
Check the Coursera user interface for a button titled Join a Session, or Switch Sessions, or Reset Deadlines. Click the button to continue learning.
Note: Resetting deadlines in the Coursera user interface does not reset the overall track end date.
Coursera: Learner Help Center
- Check the other Support questions in this FAQ for step-by-step instructions to common tasks and troubleshooting information.
For help related to the career readiness program or issues with completing the labs on Qwiklabs, contact Support using one of the following methods:
Email Support at email@example.com
- Subject line: “EDU CR: Need Help”.
- Provide the following details in the message body:
- Your institution name
- Career readiness track name
- The issue you are facing
Support staff will provide assistance to help resolve the issue.
Chat with Support at http://google.qwiklabs.com.
Click on the Support icon in the upper right corner and select Chat Support.
Enter your name and email as previously registered on Qwiklabs
For Department, select Google Cloud Edu Program department
In the Message field, type “EDU CR: Need Help” and click on the Start Chat button
Support staff will provide assistance to help resolve the issue.
To troubleshoot on your own:
Contact your faculty member or mentor for additional help.